Note: We need to provide a total of 200 guest room nights, or the convention will be charged extra fees. To ensure the event is a success, please consider staying in a room even if you live locally. Plus, you’ll save time driving back and forth, and if you have to go home you’ll miss out on a lot of social activity that goes on later in the evening!
Hotel guests save $ 20.00 off on their convention registration! Discount applies to one badge per room. If you’re staying at the hotel, be sure to reserve your room first and then complete your registration, since you’ll need to give us your confirmation number to get your discount. Go to the Hyatt Reservations page to start the registration process, or call Hyatt Reservations at 1-888-421-1442 and ask for “Bricks by the Bay” group rate. Note: do not call the Santa Clara hotel directly; reservations must go through the national reservations desk.
We are also having a no host bar on Saturday night (August 10, 2013, Bayshore room) for adult attendees; if you are drinking please refrain from driving. Staying at the hotel is a great way to avoid this problem!
Bricks by the Bay 2013 Rates
- Single/Double Occupancy: $109.00 per night
- Triple Occupancy: $134.00 per night
- Quadruple Occupancy: $159.00 per night
- Shoulder Dates (before Thursday and after Sunday): $199.00 per night, but will still count toward our room-night count. This is still a great deal compared to their standard rates, which are more like $230!
- Prices do not include taxes and fees
- Reservation cut-off date is July 18, 2013. After that date these rates may not be available
Go to the Hyatt Reservations page to start the registration process, or call Hyatt Reservations at 1-888-421-1442 and ask for “Bricks by the Bay” group rate. Note: do not call the Santa Clara hotel directly; reservations must go through the national reservations desk.
- Check-in time 3pm. Rooms prior to that time are on a “space availability” basis only.
- Check-out time 12pm (Noon). Any guests staying in their room past that time without hotel authorization will be charged for an additional room night at the best available rate. Be sure to call the front desk if you need late check-out!
- Exhibit space is open for setup on Thursday from 8pm to midnight, and opens each day at 7am. See the schedule for details.
- Internet Access:
- Wi-Fi (Wireless Internet access) is free for registered guests in guest rooms and lobby.
- Wi-Fi in convention space is available for a separate fee.
- Ethernet wired access is available in guest rooms for a separate fee.
- Parking: free in adjacent garage or parking lot; valet parking available for $18 per car (overnight).
- Porterage: $2.50 charge for each piece of luggage delivered to/from room by hotel porter.
- Protect the Walls: The hotel strictly prohibits gummed stickers or labels. Sponsors and vendors may not distribute promotional gummed stickers or labels! Signage may only be affixed to the walls of the hotel by Bricks by the Bay director approval in accordance with hotel policies.
- Food and Beverage Consumption:
- Alcoholic beverages consumed in public areas of the hotel and convention space must be purchased from the hotel, and may only be consumed by those 21 years of age and older.
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought in for discreet personal consumption.
- Any food or beverage consumed in private hotel rooms is the responsibility of the person whose name is on the reservation.
- Adults come to our no-host bar on Saturday, August 10th in the Bayshore room immediately following the award ceremony until 2am (last call 1:30am).
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
Please let us know in advance of the event (preferably at least two weeks in advance) if you require any special accommodations due to disability, including:
- the “readily achievable” removal of physical barriers to access to the meeting rooms, sleeping rooms, common areas (e.g., restaurants, rest rooms, and public telephones), and within the convention space (e.g., set-up of exhibits in an accessible manner)
- the provision of auxiliary aids and services where necessary to ensure that no disabled individual is treated differently than other individuals and to ensure effective communication of the Group’s program of disabled participants (e.g., Braille or enlarged print handouts, interpreter or simultaneous videotext display)
- the modification of policies, practices, and procedures as necessary to provide goods and services to disabled individuals (e.g., emergency procedures and policy of holding accessible rooms for hearing and mobility impaired open for disabled individuals until all remaining rooms are occupied) and to enable them to participate equally in the program
Privacy note: Details of any such accessibility requests will be shared with the hotel management.